**DEADLINE EXTENDED to 10/14/15** 2015 – 2016 ASCEND Program – Now Accepting Applications
The Lambda Epsilon Omega Chapter is now accepting applications through Wednesday, October 14, 2015. Approximately 30 high school male and/or female students will be accepted into the program.
The ASCEND℠ (Achievement, Self-Awareness, Communication, Engagement, Networking and Development Skills) Program is the signature youth enrichment program of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. for high school males & females. Students in the ASCEND℠ Program will have an opportunity to receive academic enrichment and life skills training to support their journey to college or vocational employment.
The goals of the ASCEND℠ Program include:
- Prepare students to transition from high school to college, vocational/technical schools, or work
- Provide college preparatory workshops focusing on desired college major/career choices
- Promote positive self-esteem and confidence
- Provide study and test preparation skills
- Provide opportunities for cultural awareness and community engagement
- Provide global citizenship skills
A prospective participant must:
- Be a male or female enrolled in the 9th -12th grade in good academic standing.
- Have and maintain a cumulative academic average of at least 2.0. (Must submit most recent report card).
- Provide one (1) letter of recommendation; must be from a school counselor, teacher, or community leader.
- Commit at least 3 hours to the program once a month (Typically on Sundays from 3PM-6PM).
- Submit a written personal statement (minimum of 500 words) which articulates why he/she desires to be in the ASCEND℠ program.
- Submit a signed Student Code of Conduct & Responsibility Contract.
- Submit a signed completed Parental Consent & Responsibility Form.
- Submit completed application and $25 application fee. (fee goes towards, t-shirt, supplies, & field trips) **upon acceptance to program**
Applications are now being accepted!!
Click 2015 - 2016 ASCEND Program Application to download application.
Please provide the completed application, most recent report card, and all other required documentation to Krystal Stuckey Brooks & Quail Arnold by Wednesday, October 14, 2015 via email at ASCEND@lambdaepsilonomega.com or US Mail, to
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Lambda Epsilon Omega Chapter
ATTN: ASCEND Program
PO Box 370337
Decatur, GA 30037-0037